Please check here for the latest vacancies.
SOCIETY TREASURER (Voluntary Role)
Closing date 15/11/2023
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place
- Maintain, monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation including capital shareholding and withdrawal planning, liquidity and cash planning and financial risk management
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits
- Present the accounts and reports on time to the Secretary in time for approval of the Board, the AGM and for statutory filing
- Liaise with relevant staff, committee members and/or volunteers to ensure the financial viability of the organisation
- Make fellow committee members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them
- Regularly report the financial position at committee meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance etc)
- Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the previous financial year
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place, ie:
- Cheque signatories
- Purchasing limits
- Purchasing systems
- Petty cash/ float
- Salary payments
- PAYE and NI payments
- Others as appropriate
- Appraising the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies.
- Lead on liaison with Accountants
- Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors/an independent examiner.
- Ensure posting and bookkeeping is kept up-to-date.
- Maintain the petty cash system and regularly process petty cash claims.
- Regularly carry out reconciliations/ oversee regular reconciliations by the finance volunteer.
- Arrange payments to creditors as appropriate and arrange appropriate signatures on payments.
- Make the necessary arrangements to collect payments from debtors and bank payments promptly.
- Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management (as necessary).
- Good financial analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly
If you are interested in taking on this role, please email expressions of interest to the CBS Secretary – firstname.lastname@example.org